Saturday, January 31, 2009

Not So Happy Endings

"Sometimes your heart takes you places that will never lead to a happy ending." - Anonymous


Have truer words been spoken outside of the Bible? The thing about life is just that you never know what a day may bring. You can be living your life one day thinking everything is a certain way then like a locomotive something hits you out of nowhere. All of the sudden, you don't know which way is up or down. Which was right or wrong. Which was true or a lie? Any of it? All of it?

I cared. I really did. More than I wanted to. More than I even knew I did. And for what? For nothing.

I think I heard someone say, "There are people who will hurt you and some of them will never be sorry." Not being sorry for hurting me is what kills me too. Did I mean nothing? How did I get so involved with someone who wasn't the least bit involved with me?

I learned though. Boy did I LEARN. I just wish I didn't have to learn. I wish that there was a happy ending. There isn't. There never was going to be. I just didn't know it until now. Darn it.

No comments: